Thursday, May 6, 2010

Google Universe

What do you like about the Google product? What do you dislike? Would you recommend the product to friends and colleagues?

Google Books caught my eye so I decided to review that one. First off, I really liked how the site was laid out with headings for various topics like interesting, highly cited, philosopy and body, mind and spirit. Navigating the site is easy and intuitive.

That said, I wouldn't use the site because I like reading books in paper, not online. I would recommend it to customers however, if we didn't have the book in question, and if Google Books did.

The "Find it in a Library" feature is nice, but it doesn't always work. I looked up Teacher Man: A Memoir in Google Books and it listed Mount Royal, U of A and EPA as holding it but not CPL.

No comments:

Post a Comment